Namm 2009: Empirical Labs Unveils El9 Mike-e Mic Pre With Compression -
Monday, 9th February 2009
Mike-E's Seven Circuits :
1. Mic Preamplifier with super low noise & stepped gain switching.
2. Built in 'Direct Box', called the 'Inst In', offers unparalleled distortion, noise, and frequency response when pre-amping instruments.
3. 'Colored' 80Hz High pass filter emulates the warm low frequency cut of our favorite vintage equalizers.
4. Phase Switch to invert the audio signal 180 degrees.
5. CompSat offers both a musical Compressor/Limiter and a unique tape-like saturation circuit.
6. Emphasis high-frequency emphasis system softens high frequency 'pile-ups' and further the creamy color of the Mike-E.
7. Mix Control allows the blending of the Compressed/Saturated signal with the clean unprocessed "Dry" signal.